Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Wonderful Fall Treat and Yummy Anytime...


 Looking through my recipes for something fall and yummy to come up with for a shower later this week I was reminded of this fabulous pumpkin dip I make so often at this time of the year. It is so easy to do, and it always goes so quickly, that it is perfect for parties. I also served it with slices of apples and pears, ginger snaps or any fruit that is handy.  Fresh fruit is best because it still has some firmness to the pieces.  Use your favorites and for an extra treat I have spread it on toast, muffins and toasted pound cake slices.  Yummy!!  

Creamy Pumpkin Dip
2 - 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup brown sugar (I like the light best but use what you have)
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 can of Libby's pumpkin - 15 oz size (my favorite but any brand you use is okay)
2 teaspoons maple syrup (have left it out before but the maple gives it a little extra kick)
1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
Beat together all of the ingredients with a mixer until it is extra smooth and creamy.  Put in a pretty bowl that looks like fall, cover and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.   Set you bowl out on a pretty platter and surround with fresh slices of fruit and any other goodies you would like on your plate. I know you and your company are going to love this and if you want to make it a bit healthier it works just as well with low fat cream cheese.  Just make sure you use the same amounts.

For an added goodie I often serve either mulled wine or apple cider, but lately I have had a few pumpkin spice lattes and when I figure out that recipe, that will be on menu as well.  Anyone with the pumpkin spice latte secret let me know?

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of this before. I don't like cream cheese personally, but my family would love it! :O)

    ReplyDelete